Cartography and Geovisualization
The Department of Geography and the Environment at Syracuse University invites applications for a tenure track position in the area of Cartography and Geovisualization at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. Ph.D. is required at time of appointment.
We seek a geographer whose research and teaching contributes to any of the following areas:
- Cartography in the digital era, including geovisualization of big data, and web mapping
- Map design and geoliteracy
- Indigenous cartographies, critical cartography, and historical and critical GIS
- Community mapping, participatory mapping, and participatory GIS
- Public health, hazards, vulnerability, and crisis mapping
For the full job description visit https://www.sujobopps.com/postings/94616 and attach the following: a letter of interest; current CV; separate statements on (a) research, (b) teaching, and (c) diversity (maximum 2 pages per statement); samples of cartographic work and professional writing; evidence of quality teaching; and email contact information for three references. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive and received by October 15th, 2022.
900 South Crouse Ave., Syracuse, NY 13244
To apply for this job please visit www.sujobopps.com.